Friday, August 27, 2010

"Foolish Heart"

Snow came trickling in the mid-summer sky...
Time stood still, Silence is deafening
As you said the word, "Goodbye".

Just when my world, that the rainbow has clothed...
Have found its life, and put a smile to existence
You ended with the letter you wrote.

Why does it have to end, why must it start anew...
Why must there dusk, then in the morning a dawn
For me to know that it's just isn't you?

The pain that my life has endured the day that you left...
Now stand as a thorn, that grows with the vine
The vine of mem'ries that in my lonely heart crept.

Now I have nothing but pictures and love letters...
To be reminded of once you and me
For in my heart I know, LOVE is all that matters!

Or is it? Perhaps...perhaps not.

















 “Love, unrequited, robs me of my rest: Love, hopeless love, my ardent soul encumbers: Love, nightmare-like, lies heavy on my chest, And weaves itself into my midnight slumbers!” — William S. Gilbert


No comments:

Post a Comment